Effectrode BlackBird Preamp
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Share a shop announcement or message
The Blackbird is a 2 channel, tube-driven preamp. In a nutshell, Effectrode stuffed the front end of a tube amp into a pedal!
It’s designed to add multiple channels to vintage / boutique guitar amps or use as a professional quality direct recording tube preamplifier.
The Blackbird can sit in front of your amp: putting two additional channels at your disposal.
Each channel offers its own bass, middle and treble EQ controls.
The pedal’s Clean channel serves up beautifully warm and glassy Blackface-inspired clean tones.
The Drive channel, meanwhile, is all about distortion and sustain!
This channel is based on the Dumble amps used by legends like SRV and Santana.
By simply digging in or easing off with the guitar pick, the tube circuitry responds musically and works with you to create soaring expressive solos.
Its natural tube compression also means you can effortlessly transition into rhythm or chord playing.
The Classic / Creamy toggle provides 2 distinct voices: one's smooth, the other's grittier and meaner.
• An entire tube preamp section in a pedal format!
• Add multiple channels to your guitar amp.
• The clean channel is a replica of the classic Blackface circuit created by Leo Fender.
• The overdrive channel is based on the hot-rodded tube circuitry found in Dumble amps and packs a huge degree of flexibility.
• Each channel has its own dedicated Bass, Mid and Treble controls.
• Tube Buffered Output: For connection to guitar amplifier.
• Transformer Balanced Out: For superb professional quality direct recording.
• Adjustable Bias: Internal bias trim-pot allows bias adjustment of the first gain stage of the drive channel to alter the input sensitivity.
• Tube swapping: Swapping tubes allows the fundamental character of the drive channel to be altered to replicate a wide range of vintage guitar amps.
• Audiophile Components: Absolutely no skimping on the quality of the components!
• True Bypass.
• Power: 12V DC.
• Current Draw: 1200mA.
• Includes 12V Power Supply.
|Power supply included||Yes|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 years|
You have 45 days to test your new gear.
If you choose to return it, we’ll send a full refund.
It’s that simple: no bogus restocking fees or charges.
Visit the Returns page for more infos.
A : On product pages, you can find an availability status.
Products with the mention 'In stock' are in stock and ready to ship.
Products with the mention 'Out of stock' are not currently in stock.
For out of stock products, you can ask to get notified as soon as the item is back in stock.
Enter your email in the ‘Email me when available’ field and you’ll be kept in the loop.
A : We’re in Blainville, Quebec, Canada.
Contact us to schedule an appointment if you’d like to meet.
A : Orders placed before 3pm EST ship on the same business day.
An update with tracking details will be sent shortly after purchase.
(Please note: business days don’t include weekends and holidays)
A : Shipping to Canada and the USA is free on most orders.
Shipping to the rest of the world is free on orders over 399$US.
Visit the Shipping page for more infos.
A : We ship with UPS.
A : We accept credit cards and Paypal.
A : Canadian residents are asked to pay sales taxes:
British Columbia: 5%.
New Brunswick: 15%.
Newfoundland and Labrador: 15%.
Northwest Territories: 5%.
Nova Scotia: 15%.
Prince Edward Island: 15%.
A : No. Canadian customers will not be charged import fees.
A : No. USA residents will not be charged import fees.
A: Shipping prices do not include VAT or other import taxes.
Customers outside of Canada and the USA are responsible for duties and taxes.
Orders that come back to the shop as refused by the customer will be refunded minus shipping.
Please track your shipment to be aware of customs processing and delivery attempts.
A : We understand that import fees are an annoying part of international purchases.
However, we cannot offer to declare a lower value on customs forms.
Customers outside of Canada and the USA are responsible for any fees that may be charged by their government.