Vintage-Accurate, 1970s solid-state Maestro Echoplex Preamp!
In the 1960s and 1970s, Echoplex tape echo delay units evolved from tube based designs into solid-state designs.
Notably, the EP3 model was a solid-state model and had a few variations and revisions to the circuit.
A select number of EP-3 models are highly sought-after by musicians for their unique musical tone.
Famous musicians of the era realized having the EP-3 in their signal altered their tone, even when the echo was bypassed.
An internal secret preamp was at work here, fattening the signal, along with a slight phase shift that altered mid and high frequency harmonic content.
A truly secret preamp boost in the arsenal of the great guitarists of yesteryear!
But not all vintage EP-3s boosted, some dropped in signal, and some were mediocre in tone.
So, over a decade ago Kyle Chase did something about it!
The Chase Tone Secret Preamp uses fine-tuned circuit components to ensure proper results.
It is an authentic replica of the most sought-after, musically transparent signal-boosting Echoplex units.
Chase Tone Secret Preamp applications:
1. The Secret Preamp can provide a slight boost to a tube amp. You're in complete control of the EQ!
2. The Secret Preamp can be used as a ‘BIG 3D TONE’ : enhancing your “normal tone”.
3. Can be placed before of after an analog delay to bring vintage Echoplex tones to your chain: no need to lug a big and unreliable / noisy Echoplex!
4. Engaging the Secret Preamp after a vintage Fuzz will replicate the “cranked tube amp combined with Fuzz” tones.
Chase Tone Secret Preamp features:
• Vintage-Accurate, 1970s Solid State Maestro Echoplex Preamp.
• ‘Bright’ early EP3, ‘Dark’ later EP3 and ‘MID’ hybrid-capture EQ.
• Ideal at unity gain or as a slight boost for increased harmonic complexity and touch sensitivity.
• Vintage 1970s JFET cherry-picked to cream-of-the-crop specs.
• New production, accurate vintage spec resistors and capacitors.
• True Bypass.
• Power: 9V DC.
• Current Draw: 150mA.
• Dimensions: 4.5" X 2.5" X 1.5".
|Power supply included||No|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year|
- Free shipping within Canada.
- Free shipping to the USA.
- Free shipping on international orders over 399$.
Visit the Shipping page for more infos.
- Canada : 1 - 2 business days
- USA : 1 - 2 business days
- Rest of the world: 3 - 5 business days.
You have 45 days to test your new gear.
If you choose to return it, we’ll send a full refund.
It’s that simple: no bogus restocking fees or charges.
Visit the Returns page for more infos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q : Is this item in stock? +
A : On product pages, you can find an availability status.
Products with the mention 'In stock' are in stock and ready to ship.
Products with the mention 'Out of stock' are not currently in stock.
For out of stock products, you can ask to get notified as soon as the item is back in stock.
Enter your email in the ‘Email me when available’ field and you’ll be kept in the loop.
Q : Where are you located? +
A : We’re in Blainville, Quebec, Canada.
Contact us to schedule an appointment if you’d like to meet.
Q : When will my order ship? +
A : Orders placed before 3pm EST ship on the same business day.
An update with tracking details will be sent shortly after purchase.
Q : How much does shipping cost? +
A : Shipping to Canada and the USA is free on most orders.
Shipping to the rest of the world is free on orders over 399$US.
Visit the Shipping page for more infos.
Q : What shipping method do you use? +
A : We ship with UPS.
Q : What payment methods do you accept? +
A : We accept credit cards and Paypal.
Q : Do you charge sales taxes to Canadians? +
A : Canadian residents are asked to pay sales taxes:
British Columbia: 5%.
New Brunswick: 15%.
Newfoundland and Labrador: 15%.
Northwest Territories: 5%.
Nova Scotia: 15%.
Prince Edward Island: 15%.
Q : Are there import charges on orders shipped to Canada? +
A : No. Canadian customers will not be charged import fees.
Q : Are there import charges on orders shipped to the USA? +
A : No. USA residents will not be charged import fees.
Q : Are there import charges on International shipments? +
A: Shipping prices do not include VAT or other import taxes.
Customers outside of Canada and the USA are responsible for duties and taxes.
Orders that come back to the shop as refused by the customer will be refunded minus shipping.
Please track your shipment to be aware of customs processing and delivery attempts.
Q : Can you declare a lower value on customs documents? +
A : We understand that import fees are an annoying part of international purchases.
However, we cannot offer to declare a lower value on customs forms.
Customers outside of Canada and the USA are responsible for any fees that may be charged by their government.